Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Development Economics (QSB 4223)

Lecturer name: Mr Ho June Khai & Ms Dianne Kok Hui Wei
Lecture: Every Wednesday 8am-11am
Tutorial: Every Thursday 12pm-1pm


Interpret what I have learnt

This module covers:-
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Property Development
Chapter 3: Property Investment
Chapter 4: Development Appraisal
Chapter 5: Factors in Property Development
Chapter 8: Development Finance



There are 1 assignments in this module, combination of group and individual assignment:

Assignment 1: This assignment is in form one group assignment combine with one individual assignment. The assignment is about analyse the number of units of the houses can be built for the proposed development project with financial appraisal using Residue Method of Valuation based on the "Sell then Build" concept comprising of monthly and quarterly cash flow.



Learning outcome for this module:

Throughout this assignment was taken out, I had learnt about how to build up a complete cash flow. I found it interesting  and useful for my knowledge as well. The lecturers have really crack my mind in the whole subject and assignment given, although it was tough to understand at the beginning, yet I try to figure it out and understand the theory by myself. This subject is combination of calculation and theory. The theory part is quite lengthy to study, and I learnt how to search main point from the paragraph. This is the actual learning outcome I gained and I appreciate a lot for both lecturers sharing the knowledge and guide me.

My Future Plan

The learning outcome for this subject is basically  how to procure the project within the budget limit and client satisfaction based on the concept of "Sell-then-Build" and "Build-then-Sell". To acquire the cost control tool and procedure for the project, from this it involved calculation for the value earned today and future.  In this lesson, I hope that I can plan my future investment as well as possible which taught in the lecture.  Also I will have better idea to invest property or land in future, this is useful in the real life situation that people are facing everyday and everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment